Life's little adventures, accompanied by a running watch

Saturday, June 11, 2011

Staying in the moment

Only a few days into my new blogging adventure and I’m going dark, but not for too long.  There was a time when I would never have left my phone or laptop behind.  Where I’m going, I’ll need – no, I’ll want – to be 100% present in the moment.  


In fact, being present in the moment has been something I’ve been thinking about a lot lately.  It’s hard to stay 100% present in any moment.  Even now, I could easily be distracted by a sudden Facebook notification or the discovery of a new blog to follow.  I love being connected, yet also love being out in the great outdoors with my soul mate.  The more I live, the more important it is to me to live in the moment.  

And now, Bella is reminding me that SHE is my next focus.  It’s hard to type and throw her retrieving toy at the same time.  I’m just not that coordinated.



Do you leave technology behind on your vacations?

No comments:

Post a Comment