Life's little adventures, accompanied by a running watch

Saturday, October 20, 2012

Happy Birthday Mom!

Every day, I am thankful for my Mom.  She’s healthy and she’s happy.  She’s a writer, an artist, a sister, an auntie, a grandmother, a friend, a mom.  I’ve written before how Mom continues to amaze me with things she does that inspire me; started running in her late 30’s/early 40’s, became an RN in her late 50’s, picked up and mastered the art of mosaic tile art after our Thelma & Louise trip to San Francisco a few years ago, immersed herself into the writing community, attending writer’s conferences and submitting her work…..the list just goes on.

Most recently, she has officially signed up for this:


She’s really pretty awesome.  In fact, she freakin rocks!!

Now in her 60’s, she will add this, her first marathon, to her overflowing list of accomplishments.  I hope to be able to do it with her. 

This post is dedicated to my Mom on her birthday.  I’m so grateful Mom to have learned so much from you in my 46 years thus far.  I look forward to learning and being inspired for many birthdays to come.

I love you.
Tea with Mom in Carmel, CA '10




9 comments:

  1. Aww...shucks. Thank you, sweetheart. You're the best!

    Mama

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like she is an incredible woman! My mother's birthday is October 20, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow- what an accomplished lady! Happy birthday and best wishes for successful training and a great race!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fantastic post! Your mom sounds incredible! Can't wait to hear about her first marathon!

    ReplyDelete