Life's little adventures, accompanied by a running watch

Thursday, February 14, 2013

Found

Sadly, the news of my neighbor’s disappearance is not good.  His body was discovered this morning at approximately 10:30 a.m. near the pond where we often hike.  I happened to be working from home today, so was keenly aware of the circling helicopters overhead.  While walking Bella early this morning, we bumped into the K-9 unit dispatched to continue the search for him.  After witnessing excessive street traffic (cruisers, EMT rescue, etc), it felt like today might be the day.

And it was.

I’m relieved that they found Bo.  I’m sad that they found Bo.  I had no relationship with him or his family, but does that really matter?  I’m touched by the loss of a man I didn’t know.  The loss touches me because I’m human, because he lived four houses away from me, because he was my mother’s age, because he had a family, because he died alone, because he might’ve been afraid or in pain, and…just because. 

Because it could've been someone I love.


13 comments:

  1. That is very sad. I was hoping for a positive outcome. Sorry for the bad news.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am very sad too.....

    I don't think it matters if you know the person or not, we are human and feel the pain that others would. So sorry this is so close to your home though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. so sad at the loss of anyone. We are all connected no matter how tightly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry to hear about your neighbor. I'm sure that he will be missed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is very sad...and I'm sure strikes very close to home. Hugs1

    ReplyDelete
  6. you have a very sweet heart. i'm sorry to hear this news.

    ReplyDelete