As I close in on my 50th run around the sun (how has it already been a year), I am reminded of how little I’ve written in my little blog this year. I’ve had many thoughts, experiences, and opportunities to write about, but like many, I lost the thought or if I did start writing, it suddenly sounded boring. Today, I felt the urge to write, thanks to a text conversation with my friend Bonnie:
So maybe not a lot of content, but starting off easy with a bullet summary and some photos to describe the last 6+ months:
* Ran 3 loops of GAC Fat Ass. In a blizzard.
* Ran through the winter in first pair of yak-trax.
* Bella turned 9 years old.
* Participated in my first Ugly Sweater Run/Contest.
* Registered for Ghost Train 100.
* Volunteered as a course marshall at Red Hat Run.
* Learned the fun of Mexican Train game.
* Ran TARC Spring Classic 50K.
* Spectated at Boston Marathon.
* Created a new team at work.
* Made new friends at work.
* Made new friends at play (run).
* Missed old friends and old running routes.
* Re-landscaped our front lawn.
* Witnessed some of the most beautiful sunrises/sunsets.
* Saw my first bear
* Joined Scores Running Club Board of Directors as Secretary.
* Joined Race Committee for Drummer Hill Trail Race (6/10/17)
* Joined Race Committee for Stone Arch Bridge 10 Miler (10/28/17)
Looking forward to:
--> Lots of summer evening fires on the patio
--> Lots of running – day and night
--> Lots of swimming at Goose Pond (for Bellz)
--> Lots of hiking
--> Crewing Scott at VT100
--> Our niece’s first baby
and of course....
--> More writing in this blog!